Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday Favorites - Vacation Spots

Today I am linking up with ErikaNarci, and Andrea for......


Today I thought I would share a few of my favorite places to travel in the USA:

One

Jackson Hole, WY




I have been to Jackson Hole a handful of times in my life time.  The first time I went was with my parents in the summertime  of my middle school years.  Since then my husband and I have gone a couple of times during the winter months to ski.



When we make the trip, we usually go skiing at Grand Targhee in Alta, WY. We definitely are not black diamond skiers, so this resort works for us because it has a few beginner to moderate slopes to ski on as well as black diamond slopes.

The restaurant we eat at the most in Jackson Hole is Bubba's BBQ.  The best thing on the menu is their hot chocolate.  When coming in from the cold, it is so good! We also love The Bunnery. They have the best breakfast around.  All of their breads and pastries are made in house. Their chocolate muffin is amazing.

Two

Bar Harbor, Maine

I have not been to Bar Harbor, Maine since high school.  When I was there I loved it, and I would love to go back.  I loved all of the little shops in town.  Arcadia National Park was neat as well.  It is so pretty up there.

Three

Seattle, WA and Olympic Peninsula


Peninsula

My husband and I went to Seattle a couple of years ago.  We only had a couple of days to spend there, so we had to pick our opinions wisely.  We went to Pikes Place Market (where they throw the fish), Filson flagship store, and then we took the ferry over to Olympic National Park where we spent most of our time.



Filson's Flagship Store



Riding on the Ferry

Our favorite restaurants were  Pike Place Chowder in Seattle and First Street Haven in Port Angeles, WA.  The chowder at Pike Place Chowder was amazing.  You can actually order it online here.

Seafood Bisque

via

We had breakfast at First Street Haven and the french toast was so good.




Four

Coast of Florida



We go to St. George Island, Florida in the summer.  We like that it is pretty quiet and has a family atmosphere. The beach is also dog friendly for our puppy Sue.  Even though she sits in the house all day in the air conditioner. #smartdog

Of course during the day we hang out at the beach and pool, or sometimes we might go fishing.

Our favorite restaurant is close by in Apalachicola, FL and it is called Hole in the Wall.  It is a really small hole in the wall .. haha... but their food is wonderful.  They have the best fried shrimp and crab cakes.  Everything I have had from there is wonderful.  Since it is such a small location the wait can get long.  If this is the case, then you should check out Up the Creek.  They have really good lobster bisque and all of their food is delicious.



Five

Nashville, TN

It has been a few years since I have been here, but I always love to go.  We love to visit the Grand Ole Opry and listen to the "real" country music.



via

I have stayed at the Gaylord Opry Hotel once, but that was back before the flood that caused them to do a bunch of renovations. I would like to go again to see what it looks like now.  I am sure it is beautiful.

Gaylord Opryland Old Hickory Steakhouse

via

One of my favorite things to do in Nashville is to take a tour to see the homes of Nashville stars.  Some of the houses are huge, and some are just the size of the house next door.

The best place I have eaten so far is the Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery downtown.  There are so many other restaurants I would love to try here though.



I hope you have enjoyed a glance at a few of my favorite vacation spots.  Hopefully one day soon I can visit these places again and give you an update on the great things that each city has to offer.




4 comments:

  1. Glad to find your blog
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im fairly positive I could eat French Toast every day of my life. That looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are planning a trip to Seattle for the family in June! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are planning a trip to Seattle for the family in June! Thanks for the tips!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips