Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Asheville, NC

Yesterday, I went to the Spa at Grove Park Inn with my mother-in-law and sister-in-law. We arrived a couple of hours before our facial to enjoy the pools and steam rooms.  The Spa is a cell free zone so I could not take any pictures, but here are a few from their website.




One of the pools has underwater speakers and when you float on your back, there are stars on the ceiling to view.  They have hot tubs with water falling into them and eucalyptus-infused steam rooms. They provide you with a robe and slippers when you arrive and then you can relax all day.  I chose the Classic Facial for my treatment.  I highly recommend going at least once if you are in the area. 

This time of year at Grove Park Inn is beautiful.  They have Christmas trees at every turn, and they even have a Gingerbread House Competition on display. Here are a few pictures of the decorations:




After the Spa, we ate a late lunch at Tupelo Honey Cafe in downtown Asheville.  I had the fried chicken with milk gravy that was amazing.  It might have been the best fried chicken I have ever had.






Here is a list of their current locations.  


They usually open about 4 locations each year.  I heard Dallas and Denver are on the list for next year.  Be sure to check them out!




4 comments:

  1. We were in Asheville for Thanksgiving, and it was such a beautiful area. We ate at the Tupelo Honey restaurant...delicious. I would love if they came to Texas! I'm stopping in from Friday Favorites and look forward to following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you were able to enjoy Asheville! It is beautiful! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

 
Blogging tips