Friday, February 5, 2016

Friday Favorites: Quail Hunting Attire

Today I am linking up with Erika  for....


Last week I shared this shirt here.
Women's Alaskan Guide Shirt - Red/Black - XS

Filson Shirt

Today I thought I would share my favorite items to use while hunting.

I know some of you might not be into this kind of thing, which I really didn't know much about it until I started dating my husband. He loves to hunt and fish, so I became more interested in it as well.

We also go skeet shooting at times which reminds me a lot of this game......

North American NES box art of Duck Hunt.

Duck Hunt

It seems like hunting is becoming more popular with females than it has been in the past.  You can find much more information on this especially since Garden and Gun has become popular.

Here are a few of my favorites:

One - Chaps/Pants

You might be walking through briers and tall bushes, so it is important to make sure you have good chaps/pants to save your pants and legs.

Double Tin Chaps - Tan - Regular

Double Tin Chaps

I have these Filson chaps.  They are actually men's, but they fit just fine. Filson once carried women's chaps, but they have since stopped carrying them.  They were a little pricey, but we get a lot of use out of them and they will last a long time.

jp_pant_1.jpg

Covey Charleston

I also read about this company, Covey, that will take a pair of your current pants and turn them into field pants.  You can pick the colors, and they will do the rest.


Two - Upland Hunting Vest

It is important to make sure you are well marked in orange for safety so other hunters will be able to see you.
Upland Hunting Vest - Tan/Blaze Orange - S

Filson Hunting Vest

I currently have a Filson vest that is like the one above, but in the women's version. Filson has since stopped making the Women's version as well, so I have linked the vest to the men's which would probably work just fine as well.

Beretta Women's Vest

There is also this women's vest by Beretta that comes in women's sizes.



Cabela's

Here is another choice from Cabela's which would save some money instead of buying the ones above.



Three - Shirts

Women's Fairbanks Shirt - Heather Gray/Ivory - XS
Filson Shirt


Eddie Bauer



Four- Shoes

I have shared both of these on the blog before, but they are perfect for being in the field.


L.L. Bean Boots

I have the 8" boots, but I usually do not lace the top hole because they are more comfortable that way.



Hunter Boots - Adjustable Back

I like these Hunter boots with the adjustable back because I have larger calves so they fit me better.
Women's L.L.Bean Boots, 8"



Five - Accessories




Brass Lab Head Plantation Belt
Belt

20 Gauge Shotshell Stud Earrings

Earrings




Be sure to stop in on Monday because I will be featuring a friend who will have a few items to giveaway.


Hope you all have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Just found your blog and I love it! I haven't been duck hunting before but I really liked reading your post, it's nice to see different topics! I also love that Filson shirt! Have a great day-Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping by!! Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Hey Meg! i have bookmarked your blog.this is nice post i have seen ever.can you tell me the color of best hunting vest

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is a great list that i used for my blog to get a few good links to. Thank you!


    Marcel recently posted...irish setter wingshooter 808 reviews

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips