Monday, February 1, 2016

SGI

This weekend we took a last minute trip to St. George Island, FL.  We went down on Friday afternoon and ate dinner in Apalachicola at Papa Joe's.  It had been way to long since I had fried shrimp. Their crab dip was amazing as well. Here is a picture from their website.  I was so excited about seafood, I forgot to take a picture!



On Saturday I skipped breakfast to save some calories for the day, or maybe it was because I woke up at 10:30am.  Either way, we ate at Hole in the Wall in Apalachicola for lunch. It is the green building below.



I have mentioned this place on the blog before, but they probably have the best food in Apalachicola.  The Apalachicola Bay oysters were so good.  Look at the size of them.



I don't eat raw oysters, but I love them streamed with butter and cheese.  I think of them more as a stuffed mushroom.

Their broiled shrimp is good as well.



We walked around Apalachicola and went in a few shops.  We returned back to the island and took a stroll on the beach to let Sue (our dog) play.  There were so many seashells.






I was able to catch up on some reading, and then it was time to eat again!

For dinner, we went to the Red Pirate for their all you can eat crab legs.  I know crab legs are not local, but they are so good. The prices here are very reasonable.

We made our way back home on Sunday.

We had a great weekend with great weather.  It was nice to see the beach because it had been awhile since we had been.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE St. George Island! We used to go there when I was little and I have very fond memories of that place.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is an awesome place! Enjoy your week as well!

      Delete
  2. What a fun last minute trip! And the descriptions of that food is making my mouth water! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips